The Cisco RPS 2300 (PWR-RPS2300), also known as the RPS 2300, is a redundant power system that provides seamless failover for internal power supply failures for up to six network devices. It automatically senses if an internal power supply of a connected device fails and immediately supplies power to the failed device. The device then has continuous uptime with no need to reboot. The RPS 2300 is shown in Figure 1-1.
The RPS 2300 has two field-replacable-unit (FRU) power supply modules that are inserted into the slots on the RPS 2300 front panel. Depending on the connected switch power requirements, you can use up to two 750-W or two 1150-W power supply modules. The number of switches that the RPS 2300 can back up depends on the number and capacity of the power supply modules in the RPS 2300. Table 1-3 shows the supported power supply configurations.
The six DC ports on the RPS 2300 provide the power and serial management bus (SMB) communication signals to the Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E switches. The RPS 2300 communicates with each switch through the SMB embedded in the 22-pin RPS cable. This allows all connected 3750-E and 3560-E switches to simultaneously communicate with the RPS 2300.
When connected to the Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E switches, you can configure these RPS 2300 features through the switch software:
•Enable RPS active or standby mode for each connected device
•Configure the switch priority for RPS support
•List the connected switches and their power-supply module size
•Report when a switch is powered by the RPS
•Report the RPS power-supply module status
•Read and monitor backup, failure, and exception history
The RPS 2300 supports the Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E switches and other Cisco devices. For a complete list of supported products, see the online Redundant Power System 2300 Compatibility Matrix posted with the RPS 2300.
Here at Sembol LTD we sell new, refurbished, surplus and used hardware products.
All products are subject to availability and passing our QA testing and inspection by our qualified technicians.
We currently stock over 4,000 items with an MSRP greater than $1 million dollars.
Sembol LTD offers substantial cost savings while receiving quality products.
Thank you again for visiting Sembol LTD. For any questions please contact us via the Ebay Message System/Contact Seller.
- Sembol LTD ships worldwide and accepts PayPal.
- All items are priced each.
- All products are subject to availability and passing our QA testing and inspection by our qualified technicians.
- For Customer Service please contact us via the Ebay Message System/Contact Seller.
- Pay with PayPal and you are fully protected.
Packaging and Handling
- Items are safely packaged in custom shipping cartons for protection.
- Please contact us via the Ebay Message System/Contact Seller if you have any further questions about turnaround time.
- We ship worldwide from Turkey, using PTT, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL or other couriers when needed. Let us know if you like to use a shipping service other than the ones listed.
- International Customers are responsible for all Customs fees, import taxes, VAT, and other fees applied by their respective countries.
Return and Warranty Policy
- 30 days refund, buyer pays return postage.
- Product must be returned in purchased condition.
- If you are dissatisfied with a product from Sembol LTD you may return the product within 30 calendar days of the invoice date. No returns will be accepted 30 days after the invoice date.
- We do not accept returns of discounted products based on the date manufactured or the cosmetic condition of product or packaging.
- All used products are repackaged in custom shipping containers. Some used products may not come with manual(s) or other accessories normally supplied when buying factory new.
- Refunds will be issued only upon receipt and testing.
Sembol LTD sells new, refurbished, surplus and used products also develops channels to purchase such products.
Sembol LTD is not affiliated with nor an authorized distributor or representative of any manufacturer, brand or product listed.
Designated trademarks, brand names and brands appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.